- 6 wooden skewers
- 6 Medium Granny Smith (green apples)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- desired toppings & parchment paper
- In heavy saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, milk and salt mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat stirring gently but constantly until soft ball stage (if you are using a thermometer it will be about 230 degrees- but I go by color).
- This will take you about 30 mins.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 5 mins and stir in butter and vanilla. (very important)
- Cool again about 5 mins- you then may begin coating caramel over apples to cover fully…then dip in your desired topping.
- Place on buttered parchment paper…when finished with all apples, transport to dish and cool in refrigerator for 2 hours before enjoying!
Picture courtesy of Woman Living Well.
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 Tbs.) butter or non-dairy alternative (e.g. Earth Balance Buttery Sticks®)
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 cup Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute of choice, such as 1/2 cup extra firm tofu blended with 1 tsp. baking powder)
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 Tbs.Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon zest
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, beat butter with a mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/4 cup of sugar; beat until combined. Beat in the 1 cup of flour until crumbly, being careful not to over-mix. Press mixture into the bottom of an un-oiled 8x8x2 baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Combine eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and baking powder; beat 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
Pour filling over baked crust. Bake 20 minutes more or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars only when completely cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.
Makes 20 bars. This recipe doubles nicely when baked in a 9×13 pan.
- Cake Mix
- Frosting any flavor..it doesn’t have to match cake
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy melts
- Little Clear bags and ties or ribbons
- 1 cup Jules Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats or crushed gluten-free Chex cereal*
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy-free alternative (e.g. Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen berry’s/ blueberries (really any berry is good, I used frozen)
- 1/8 cup granulated cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- yogurt, coolwhip or ice cream for topping (optional)
*Note: if using Cinnamon Chex or Chocolate Chex, reduce sugar & eliminate cinnamon added in recipe
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats or cereal, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
Gently press half of the mixture into a greased 8 or 9-inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes to set.
Combine the blueberries and sugar; sprinkle over crust. Top with remaining flour mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
Serve for dessert or for breakfast!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/4 cups bottled nonalcoholic margarita mix
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with shortening and lightly flour (or spray bottom with baking spray with flour). In medium bowl, mix pretzels, sugar and butter. Sprinkle evenly on bottom of pan; press gently.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, 1 tablespoon lime peel and the egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pretzel mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with whipped topping ( I used non-fat here); sprinkle with additional lime peel. Store covered in refrigerator.
|Additional grated lime peel, if desired|
You can try putting Nutella in the middle of these but it has a much thinner consistency than peanut butter does so it didn’t work too well. I tried combining the peanut butter and Nutella but it was still pretty thin, or you could put Dulce De Leche (caramelized Sweetened Condensed Milk) you can find in the mexican section of your grocery store…this is a yummy version too.
peanut butter (you can mix with Nutella if you like) or Dulce De Leche
Chocolate chip dipping chocolate or almond bark
Cut graham crackers into individual pieces using a sharp knife. You can break them with your fingers, but sometimes they don’t break evenly. Your best bet is to use a knife.
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Add food coloring to frosting if desired. Frost cupcakes.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper ( I love mine hot, so I add a tablespoon) not recommended for kids.
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder. If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)
- Note: If you cooking on stove top— Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.